My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Monday, September 28, 2009

The new adventures of old Los Angeles

I like change. Every few years, I need a major shake-up; job change, move, career change, name change. Something like that. I'm due for one and Nebraska made me realize that.Not that I want to go live in Nebraska. The pace is too slow for me.
Now I've got to decide what that'll be. I had hoped that I'd be publishing my novel this fall, but that got waylayed. It'll happen, just later than I hoped. I'm going to make a big push to finish both novels by Christmas. The second novel will take less time. The first is near the end, but will still need a lot of editing. I did work a bit on it during my trip, but we were pretty busy. I didn't have as much down time as I had expected.
So, the news about the Nebraska trip is that I'm not going back for another week. It's a good decision, a perfectly amicable split, and we found a fantastic director/actress to take over the project who is local and will probably do a much better job than I would have anyway (because she is local). I am so glad I got to go and help get things started! We made a great deal of progress in a very short period of time, I got to hang with Cecilia a LOT, I met some truly fantastic and amazing people who really understand what it means to live life to its fullest, and I gained a lot of professional experience, especially about "thinking outside the box". I know, and overused, cheesey phrase, but it's really what it is. Adaptations were made to facilitate the play that I have never needed before and caused endless fruitful possibilities. It was an experience I wouldn't trade for anything!
So, according to the title of this post, The New Adventures of old Los Angeles, I am going to attempt to have some new adventures in this city. There are certainly possibilities to do so. I am too inactive here, and I've grown too complacent instead of growing wiser, which is what I prefer:
I need to get out more and not be afraid of people.
I need to expand my career into something more adventurous than what it is - more workshops for the kids, more training for me, coaching ensembles; something like that.
I need to get more involved back in the theatre process.
I need to finish and publish my first book.


I welcome suggestions! Bring it on!

Beautiful new picture of Matthew Macfadyen surfaced this week, and I just have to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment