My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Good things

Linda Knox and Kit Boesch, my "roomies" in Lincoln.


This week in Nebraska has been quite cathartic for me. I have learned a great deal about the appreciation of life, not taking our blessings for granted, perseverance, patience and determination. I have met some truly spectacular people who are not just living with M.S., but LIVING with M.S. I am inspired, awed, warmed and I feel really blessed to have this opportunity.





I do have concerns about the play itself, because although progress has been made, great progress, in fact, on the scale of readiness, we are not nearly where we should be. However, we have hired an amazing actress/assistant director in whom I have complete confidence. I am coming back in a week and I expect that she and Cecilia will have rocketed the progress by leaps and bounds.





I have put the rest of my life on the back burner. Whatever issues were occuring in my life in Los Angeles seem like distant echoes of what was last week. It will be necessary to re-address them when I return, but for now, I need not consider them. It's very nice to have this release and see my "regular" life with new perspective.





I am especially excited that I feel like I'm going to have a new approach and fresh perspective on the book. I have a feeling it's going to make the difference I have been looking for with not being satisfied about its progress. I'm anxious to re-immerse myself in that universe when I return.



Oddly, I also learned that I have lost 23 pounds since February. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment