My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Almost there

I am happy to report that book 1 is almost a complete story at 127,000 words. That'll get edited down to about 115,000, I believe because I've decided to scrap a whole section. Then I can finally start submitting to agents and publishers, whoever they are and begin receiving the hundreds of rejection letters I will receive before being offered that magical YES with lots of $$ attached!

I am very grateful that I was part of the acting profession. I am OK with rejection. I understand because I have experienced that there is a time and a place and a "right vibe" for every professional relationship and that the right publisher/author relationship will come along for me too. "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" was rejected many times and look at it now.

My income is down $500 since July (and the summer months are already down). I lost 3 students for various reasons, and sent 4 guitar players to a brilliant new teacher where they will thrive and learn much more than I can teach them. I wasn't counting on losing 3 kids. Now I'm sweating. So if you know anybody who needs a teacher (Pasadena area), please send them my way. Not adult beginners though. I'd rather die.

Was going to go to a taping for the new Jeff Dunham Show tonight with Colby but I have a migraine. I tried to sleep it off, but it didn't work and now I'm not tired enough to sleep more. This beautiful sunlight is not helping. It's a gorgeous day! If my head wasn't splitting in 2, I'd be out in it. 80, sunny, clear, breezy. Perfect!

Taxes are calling. Anybody know somebody REALLY cheap?

No comments:

Post a Comment