My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Nebraska Blog #1

I am here, in Lincoln, Nebraska, where it is quite chilly compared to what I'm used to, but I am happy to miss the 100 degree temps in LA right now. On the way here, I was to have a layover in Dallas for an hour, but Dallas had a severe lightning storm, so we got there 2 hours late and I had to stay overnight as the next flight to Omaha wasn't until Tuesday morning. So I finally got in at 10am Tuesday, 11 hours late. Since then everything is going very smoothly!

The project is getting off the ground quite well. I have now met most of the people with the diagnosis of MS who have contributed their stories to our play. Dates have been set, and logistics are coming along and today we were able to start rehearsing. We need to hire an emcee and two other actors for the evening, and have left lots of messages and e-mails for key people, but have received no responses, so I'm quite concerned about that so far. I am meeting a lot of fascinating people with wonderful and inspiring stories to share and reconnecting with a dear old friend whom I realize I have missed very much! I am also staying with two very nice ladies who I like a LOT, and who are so generous to share their home with me and be far beyond accommodating! I'm very lucky about that!

My family finally closed on their home and were able to move in this weekend! And my 11-year old nephew is joining the school band on either Trumpet or Trombone (he seems to like Trombone better), so I'm very happy that he is finally venturing into music studies a little. I hope he likes it! I think he will have more fun with Trombone.

I am learning a lot of new things this week about human nature, coping strategies, organizing strategies and this type of interaction with people is very good for all. Stay tuned for further posts from Lincoln!

No comments:

Post a Comment