My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Long weekend

I've been woefully neglectful since I came back from Minneapolis. My apartment is a tip and I haven't done any writing, save for about 30 minutes, when I decided I wasn't in the mood. I'm vowing to get my shit together this weekend. Of course, the House-a-thon on USA isn't helping. I love Hugh Laurie and I'm so stoked that the US has finally caught on to what a genius he is!

I booked my flight for my first week in Nebraska. Will be there Sept 21-27. I'm getting excited about the project and seeing and working with Cecilia again, but I still don't have a script. That worries me a bunch. It's been "near completion" for several weeks now. Cecilia has read me a few of the scenes (she is calling them vignettes), and I like what I'm hearing so far. But in order to process the show properly and effectively, I need a completed script, like, yesterday.

Need more students! About 5 would be nice, but realistically, about 10 would make me comfortable!

Just realized I have about 6 weeks to get my 2008 taxes done with 2 of those weeks out of town. I really wish taxes would just go away. They're such a chore when you're self-employed.

It's a beautiful day in LA today. The sun is shining, the smoke from the fires is virtually gone (at least where I am), I have an enhanced healthy respect for firefighters because the danger came close to several people I know, and today, I let someone cut in front of me at the grocery store because I had half a cart and she only had 3 things and it was busy. It feels good to do stuff like that. And my massive caffiene-withdrawal headache is subsiding now that I have coke in my system again. I lasted 1 whole day this time. It's bad.

Going to watch something with Matthew Macfadyen in it tonight. In My Father's Den or Pride & Prejudice? Probably IMFD. I've seen P&P about 100 times now. Okay, I'm exaggerating. Only 98 times.
In a Six-degrees related post, Matthew Macfadyen and Hugh Laurie worked together in "Maybe Baby" and on two episodes of "Spooks" or "MI-5" (as it's known in the US).


No comments:

Post a Comment