My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Friday, October 30, 2009

Birthday Blog

38. Can't believe I'm 38. I had certain ideas about how life would be at this age, and life really doesn't turn out the way you expected, does it? I have other things to be grateful for, but those really strong core life wishes like having a family, being in a relationship, having a lucrative and successful career have slipped away from me. Having my own kids and being in a relationship are wishes I've given up, but my friends are my family and my career is about to get a big boost, especially if this book gets finished and published.



I've been in the midst of a rearrangement of my work situation which has been incredibly stressful. Today I got some very good news that should help this along brilliantly. Without going into details, I have to add that my mom is the greatest person on the planet and I love her with all my heart! Also, Colby has been a godsend to me in figuring all of this out. I wish he would go to law school! Aileen and Alison have been very helpful as well. I'm so grateful to have such fantastic, brilliant and generous people on my side!


The book is moving forward. It has become a great escape during this stressful time. I started over on Monday yet again, but I'm happy with what I've done. It has cut a lot of words off the book while maintaining the story just as effectively and it's going to work brilliantly. And the length of the book is an important consideration in getting it published, especially as a first-time writer.

I have a great desire to go to London next spring and see a revival of Private Lives with Matthew Macfadyen and Kim Cattrall in the lead roles. Financially, it isn't logical to even try to make it happen, but I could really use a vacation to somewhere other than Minneapolis and one of my deepest desires has always been a trip to London.







No comments:

Post a Comment