My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rockin & Rollin!

I've been writing all day! Lots of good stuff coming out. I love it when this happens - it makes me feel accomplished and productive, yet smelly because I haven't showered. I usually just go with the flow, but I'm thinking of setting some goal dates and making things more structured.
Nah. I'm too lazy.

I feel some changes of personnel are in order with my students. I have several very good young guitar players who are outgrowing me, and have a brilliant young guitarist friend who should have them. The problem is filling the holes and making sure I still have enough money to live on. I figure I need about 5 new incoming kids to make it happen. Also, I think I'm going to drop the 2 kids with the psycho parents.

August is a bust as usual. So far, I think my students have cancelled about 40% of the month due to camp and vacations. This happened last year too, but fortunately I still have some camp income left to cover the difference. I just don't think it's right that I have to lose up to 50% of my income because it's summer. The rest of the year, our contract sets us up so that the most we can lose due to absences is 25%. Each student is only allowed one excused absence per month - any more than that and they have to pay whatever the reason. In the summer, they're allowed to miss 4 in a row. It really sucks. This is one of the only problems with having a lot of wealthy students. They have no idea what it's like to try to survive on $2,000/month.

My dad wants me to get a webcam so he can see me when he talks to me. He hung up on me when I said I didn't want one. He's such a big baby sometimes.

Spent several hours last weekend and this weekend looking for bridesmaid dresses for my best friend's wedding. Both the other bridesmaids are a size 2 and look good in anything. I look tolerable in one of the dresses. There's a reason I've never been a bridesmaid. Nobody wants an elephant in chiffon to stand up for them. ::sigh::

Booked my flight for my 20 year reunion, which is making me feel increasingly old. I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch of people, but I'm not looking forward to having them see me.

Off to write. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment