My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Musings

Why can't html handle apostrophes?

Starting to schedule the fall lessons. Am worried that I can't fit everybody in and some will be squeezed over to weird times and be pissed off about it. Plus, I'm down about 8 students for fall!

And now, the book-writing bit!
Have been editing this new part 1 down - really streamlining it, because I am probably about 2/3 done writing and already have 100,000 words. So even this is too long. I've cut up about 85 pages and managed to scrape off almost 10,000 words though, and I have about 90 pages left to edit, and then to finish it. So, I think the finished product will be between 100,000 and 120,000 words. Slightly longer than most first-time submissions, but much closer to the mark. I also like the way it's turning out. I talk too much; I've always known that, and the streamlining of my expressive voice is making me feel more efficient.

I have to say this version of this half of the story is turning out grittier than the first version. The first version was very romancy, and this is more drama. I hope it works. Not sure yet if I like that yet or not.

The dreaded, but highly anticipated 20 year reunion is next weekend. My best friend (well, one of them) was supposed to go shopping for an outfit with me tonight, but he's MIA. Not surprising, coming from him. I made the mistake of asking him to go with me about 5 days ago, which gave him time to prepare to ditch me if he didn't want to go, or to make other plans, or to forget completely. I should have asked him spur of the moment. Oh well. Maybe I'll go naked and contribute to the "strength in adversity" life lesson we all need to learn on behalf of my fellow classmates. ;-)

Found out that while I'm in Minneapolis next weekend, staying with my brother, they will most likely be moving into their new house. How's that for timing? I hope they aren't expecting me to help them move because I got people to see and places to go and 3 days to do it! I am really excited for them though! They have been trying to get this house since last November, when they were originally supposed to take possession, and it's been one nightmare after another! Finally, the day has come! Yay! And they are very lucky because that house, which they are getting for under $300,000, would be $1.5 million in L.A. and not have much of a yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment