My latest creative endeavor, to become a published writer, and the trials and tribulations.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

THE LONDON BLOG #2

Tuesday, April 27
3:23pm

Arrived in London without incident. Got through immigration ok, took the tube to my hotel (3 different trains), which was easy.
I don't like the hotel. They nickel and dime you to death. They charge for internet access, they charge to use the pool, etc. The room is TINY!  I have already made a reservation somewhere else for the last 3 nights. I have confirmed that they at least have free wi-fi.
I intended to sleep for a couple of hours, but I'm too excited to get out and see the city, so I'm going to head over by the theatre early and maybe see Covent Garden.
You don't really see much of the city while riding the tube - the parts you do see are just rows and rows of detached houses and everything is very old. I got off the tube at Kensington High Street, and then I got the full effect of being here! I'm fascinated already and I've really only walked about a block! LOL
I have 30 postcards to send. Whenever I go on vacation, I send my students postcards, plus other VIPs. Better get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment